I have a SUPER cape...doesn't every mom?
It's quite stylish and made from
~ shiny ~
~ wrinkle free ~
~ stain resistant ~
~ fire proof ~
~ wrinkle free ~
~ stain resistant ~
~ fire proof ~
fabric.
I put it on every time I hear one of the kids calling, "Mom!!"(By the way, it will instantly match itself to whatever I am wearing.)
Last night, was a super cape kind of night. Brady and I were deciding what movie to watch when my super hearing picked up a sound. "EEEEK!" I stopped to listen and within seconds, Lexa started to yell hysterically.
"Mom...Help!! It's in the window sill!"
My cape appeared and I was off to her bedroom in a flash!
We have had a particularly lot of spiders in the house this year. Let's blame it on all of the rain we had in June. So I told Brady to get some tissue. He wasn't as quick to catch on to the EMERGENCY but he followed me anyway. In my mind I was trying to remember where the fly swatter was. The BIG spiders are too gross to squash if there are only a few layer of TP between their bodies and my fingers.
Upon entering the bedroom, I found Lexa conscious but frozen in fear. She was teetering on the edge of her bed with a stuffed bear covering her face.
"Mom, it's in the window!!!"
Before I could open the curtain to assess the situation, SUPER JET jumped onto the bed and over to the window. Everyone stopped to watch him as he bravely reached behind the curtain. He turned and looked at us with bulging eyes as he pulled out...
a very small clown.

There wasn't a spider in sight.
This sweet child of mine has inherited my dislike for clowns. They are the only thing that she is afraid of.
Vampires...no problem...werewolves....very cool.
But clowns creep her out.
The girl has a phobia. She begged to stay home from school last Halloween because one of the kids in her class was planning to dress up as a clown. He was kind enough to change his mind when Lexa said she would spend the day under her desk. He came as a dead baseball player instead.
So where did the very small clown come from?
My niece had been over earlier yesterday and must have brought this happy meal toy with her. She was supposed to be taking a nap on Lexa's bed but she obviously spent some time looking out the window before falling asleep.
P.S.
I only have a cape, I don't fly. The kids came in while I was finishing up this post and said, "Hey, you should put your face on that lady that's flying. So I did.
xoMJ

4 comments:
LOL I hate clowns too. Man we so need to play.
Thats a cute picture! I'm not fond of clowns too. I got a clown as a baby gift for Brooke. It went right to the thrift store. love ya
Oh the joy of clowns. I think they are the creepiest thing out there thanks to the Stephen King movie "IT." I seriously am scared for life because of that movie! And I love the picture!!
Man. Its kinda funny what people are scared of. I had a friend in high school that made us move tables at Chilies because they had a clown as part of the decorations. He is a huge guy and he started whimpering like a baby when he saw the clown.
Post a Comment