Suess

The other day, I found Jet reading to our cat.

He was reading The Cat In The Hat Comes Back. When I asked him what he was doing, he told me that cats need to hear stories too. He also said she likes that book because it has a funny cat in it. Jet was on the floor and she was perched up on the bed "reading" over his shoulder. I wish I had a picture of the two of them but our cat is extremely afraid of the camera. Anytime I take a picture of the kids, she runs and hides.

I love the illustrations in the Dr. Suess books but personally, I don't think that the crazy Cat in the Hat looks anything like a cat. I was looking for a picture of the book when I came across Wikipedia...

According to Wikipedia It is indeed a cat and it also says the cat is anthropomorphic. Anthropomorphic!? OK, let's reference Wikipedia again.

Anthropomorphism is the attribution of uniquely human characteristics to non-human creatures and beings... (Hey, under religion and mythologies it also says that mormons are anthropomorphites.)

Boy, I feel a little smarter now! How about you?

4 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

Yes I do. I do feel so smart. I enjoy reading dr suesse and all of his weird thoughts.
His words dont make any sense and dont seem to really make a story but once you read them you end up liking them oh boy.
I enjoyed that story MJ.

Koreena said...

Wow! I had no idea I wasn't fully human! LOL

Cute that Jet wanted to read to the cat. That's so sweet!

The Eyre's said...

Hi Marion! I thought I would confess to reading your blog. I linked to it through Alicia's. I loved your post about the girl who dressed up as a cheerleader from the 90's. Ouch! Joelle

Ashley Rv said...

Hi
I found your blog through jodies! Love this post! I myself am a huge Dr. Suess fan! My favorite though has got to be green eggs and ham I read it to my kids so much sadly i have it memorized. anyways thanks for the education! You are a beautiful person! Ashley